Who is Jason?
I am a competitive age group triathlete that enjoys the hard work and dedication that goes into training and what you get out of it. After joining the Exercise Solutions team over two years ago seeking for some proper guidance and wanting to be top of my game I have managed to achieve a lot whilst still having a balance in life, training and work. Recently I was awarded an elite license and that is something that has always been on my list of things to do, at least race a few times in the elite category and see what I can do. With a full time stressful job, the mix of both training and work are never easy but you make a plan and it’s worth it in the end, so let’s see what I can do in the 2015/2016 season!
RACE ACHIEVMENTS Racing Calendar 2014-2015
- Awarded Ironman All World Athlete (Top 5% of my age group worldwide at Ironman and Ironman 70,3)
- Bela Bela (1st place 25-29 year)
- Tri rock Durban (9th overall, 2nd age cat)
- 5150 Germiston African championship. (2nd place 25-29)
- Trinity sports Triathlon series (3rd overall)
- Gauteng champs 11 January 5th place, I qualified for SA champs and made Gauteng triathlon team.
- Selected for Gauteng Triathlon SA champs in 1ST May in East London- 2nd place 25-29 Ag, 8th person across line.
When did you join Team ES?
In early 2013. I decided that that was time to get more serious and focused with my training.
Favourite Workout Fuel:
Favourite killer session from your coach:
- Swim- pyramid sets
- Bike – Some crazy interval sets
- Run – Friday morning hill repeats.
My favourite cheat food/meal is:
Pizza and beer!!
My biggest accomplishment/ result to date:
Coming second at SA Champs and Qualifying for World Champs in Chicago in September.
What puts Exercise Solutions apart from other coaching and high performance centres out there?
A lot, I think the major factors for me is the environment in which we train. There as many quality athletes at ES and training alongside them really helps to motivate and push yourself. The team culture is another really big factor for me, there’s no drama or issues and just a really great bunch of people looking to train hard and improve. The hands on coaching is also a really big draw card as there are always coaches constantly monitoring sessions and seeing how you progress thought the sessions as well as season. Also what i really like is that ES caters for all ability of athletes, from beginners to much more serious competitors, it’s a great place for any athlete to improve.
What are you big 2015/2016 season plans?
ITU World triathlon Champs in Chicago in September for now, I’m really focusing on that this year and will give ironman 70.3 another shot next year.
Sponsors to date:
Cheers to a kick ass 2015/2016 season, see you on the road!