Scientific assessment is the key to developing an appropriate, individualized and sport-specific training plan. Our initial focus is first on correction of metabolic issues, biomechanical faults and injury risk.We provide a range of key assessments to unlock the various facets of your performance, and aid in the development of peak performance.These assessments have been honed and perfected after years of practical use, and include:
- Sport-specific heart rate zone assessments (on the treadmill or cycle simulator)
- Body composition (body fat, muscle mass and ideal weight targeting)
- Estimation of peak power output and lactate thresholds on the Bike.
- Biomechanical video analysis (gait analysis on treadmill – cycle set-up and pedal stroke analysis on cycle simulator)
- Musculo-skeletal assessments (posture, joint stability and functional strength)
- Biochemical tests for functional nutrition, health and performance (hormone levels, DNA analysis and others)
Biomechanical analysis of video and still photography material provides you with accurate and objective measurements of your technical performance. We make use of cutting edge technology and software, and bring you tools used by leading athletes, available to you at an affordable rate.Once assessments are complete, our coaches incorporate the information and recommendations into an effective training plan. The focus is not only on the correct heart rate zones, but also on effective activities – both on and off the bike and road. An effective assessment regime, and training plan, incorporates both sport-specific elements, and development of muscular function and functional strength. Following table to be inserted: